Friday, November 3, 2023

Sunrise

We've got family in town so I couldn't manage a long post today.  I've been working hard in my garden all week but there was little to show that was worth photographing.  I'm offering best wishes for a colorful weekend with a sunrise shot taken from my back door looking out onto the Port of Los Angeles.

Yes, that's a view of the sun rising in the east, not a sunset view.  I live on a peninsula and there's ocean surrounding it on 3 sides.


With each sunrise we can wish for peaceful conclusions to the wars currently tearing people apart around the world and putting lives at risk.


I'll be back with a regular post on Monday.

 

All material © 2012-2023 by Kris Peterson for Late to the Garden Party



12 comments:

  1. Peace is a stream
    From the heart of a man;
    Peace is a man, whose breadth
    Is the dawn.
    Peace is a dawn
    On a day without end;
    Peace is the end, like death
    Of the war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the poem/song from King Crimson if my online search is correct. While the posting is anonymous, based on its source, I'm guessing I know the poster.

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful and a wonderful view/post to share. Thank you! Enjoy your guests and your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo--hope you had a great time with your visitors. Now, back to gardening... :^) -- hoov b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather here was particularly nice yesterday and today, HB. I hope yours was too.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful sunrise indeed. Enjoy your visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. We had a good time with our first in-person visit since the pandemic messed up everything.

      Delete
  5. Glorious way to begin the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It'd be even better if we woke up to news of peace,

      Delete

I enjoy receiving your comments and suggestions! Google has turned on reCAPTCHA affecting some commentator IDs so, if you wish to identify yourself, please add your name to your comment.