Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fragile Fall Bouquet

Senna (Cassia) bicapularis 'Worley's Butter Cream' is still putting on a flower show in my garden. When I wrote about the plant at the end of October, most of the flowers were still buds but now they're open and the plant shines like a beacon along the fence.   I figured that I could snip some for a bouquet without making a dent in the display.





I did my usual walk-about through the garden to find proper accompaniments for the soft yellow blooms.  This is what I came up with:




Back view


And this is what I included:

  • Senna bicapsularis, 2 stems (3 was overkill)
  • Argyranthemum frutescens 'White Comet'
  • Leucanthemum x superbum
  • Nandina foliage
  • Pennistetum setaceum 'Rubrum' plumes
  • Rosa 'Buttercream'
  • Russelia equisetiformis 'Yellow'

I referred to this bouquet as fragile because of the mess that resulted during its creation.  The Senna flowers fall apart easily and left tiny petals all over the kitchen counter and floor.  However, once complete, it seems to be holding up fine.  In fact, I think it looks better 2 days after it was created.


3 comments:

  1. Nice job there Kris! The combo looks summery with the yellow and white flowers together which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We also make garden bouquets. Great combinations especially with that tinge of red in the foliage. David/:0)

    ReplyDelete