Monday, December 25, 2023

In a Vase on Monday: The same but different

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The options for filling a vase are still limited.  I've used two of the primary ingredients included in today's arrangement earlier this month but not in combination so, while the colors and elements may be familiar, it doesn't actually replicate prior arrangements.

Hippeastrum 'Apricot Parfait' offered its first bloom in early December.  This is its second bloom and I was surprised to see that the bulb is producing yet another bloom stalk.

Back view: Although I tucked in stems of the Leucadendron 'Safari Sunset' I used in last week's arrangement, I've drawn on foliage fillers I haven't used in awhile

Top view

Clockwise from the upper left: Acacia cognata 'Cousin Itt', Coprosma repens 'Plum Hussey, Cuphea 'Honeybells', Alstroemeria 'Claire', A. 'Indian Summer', Hippeastrum 'Apricot Parfait', and Leucadendron 'Safari Sunset'


May your holiday celebrations bring peace to your heart, comfort, and joy.




All material © 2012-2023 by Kris Peterson for Late to the Garden Party


16 comments:

  1. A sunny but subtle vase. Perfect for sunny California Christmas. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. It does fit the SoCal vibe. We had lots of nice rain last week but we're enjoying the sun today :) Best wishes to you!

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised how the Hippeastrum and Leucadendron are so similarly colored: they are beautifully matched. Acacia cognata 'Cousin Itt' is good with everything in my opinion and Cuphea makes a lovely "spiller". Excellent vase today. Merry Christmas!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chavli. I hope you're enjoying a pleasant Christmas Day. Thanks for all the supportive comments you offer in the course of the year!

      Delete
  3. Hope it was a Merry Christmas for you and your husband and kitty. Your vase is lovely and wow! Hippeastrum 'Apricot Parfait' has my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty impressed by that Hippeastrum too, Susie.

      Delete
  4. I hope that you had a most enjoyable and relaxing day yesterday Kris 🎄 That is the perfect vase for your attractive arrangement. I love the hanging star tipped moon. Here I managed to have a hippeastrum in flower for Christmas Day but it's very much indoors 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought 9 new Hippeastrum bulbs this year but only the 'Apricot Parfait' has bloomed. The others don't even appear to be thinking of it but then all of them are in pots outdoors. Amazingly, one of those I planted out in a garden bed early in the year is already blooming! I think the warm dry fall is probably responsible.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty hippeastrum, Kris, and accentuated to well with your other material - thanks for finding time to join in. Best wishes to you and your famiy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed a very happy Christmas, Cathy!

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful, Kris. Best holiday wishes to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect arrangement to celebrate the special day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely twist on the usual holiday arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, none of the "usual suspects" with true red colors have shown up yet this season, Loree.

      Delete

I enjoy receiving your comments and suggestions! Google has turned on reCAPTCHA affecting some commentator IDs so, if you wish to identify yourself, please add your name to your comment.