Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday Vignette: Coming Together

I'm joining Anna at Flutter and Hum to present this vignette of plants from my front garden.  This particular area was planted between November last year and January this year as I collected the plants I was looking for.  The plants are far from mature but the look I was seeking is beginning to come together already.

Agave gentryi 'Jaws' is surrounded by 3 Cuphea 'Strybing Sunset' and backed by Abelia x grandiflora 'Kaleidoscope', Leucadendron 'Wilson's Wonder' (a fraction of the size it will achieve at maturity), and Carex testacea
The individual elements


Echoing the colors in a pot near the front door are some pretty Dahlias I picked up on a whim.

Dahlia 'XXL Hidalgo' with Abelia 'Kaleidoscope' and lime Alternanthera in a pot


I hope your garden is offering a bit of sunshine today even if the skies are gray.  Visit Anna at Flutter and Hum to see what scene caught her attention this week.


All material © 2012-2015 by Kris Peterson for Late to the Garden Party

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignette Kris, and that Jaws is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vignette--yellow, gold, green. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that Dahlia last year, too! It's the colors I adore, like a sunset, orange with a touch of pink. I think I managed to overwinter the tubers. I planted them a week or so ago, but so far no sign of above the ground foliage. Mine were an impulse buy too. I love when a plan comes together. That Carex is a fave of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm color palette, Kris. I'm planning on adding some of the carex to my garden, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Like Evan, I very much enjoy your color palette, and I also like how the shadows of that amazing agave somehow pick up on the blue grass in the foreground. Jaws is such a fitting name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice vignette! Colors, foliage shapes all work together well. Love Agave 'Jaws'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your combination of Agave and Cuphea just sings, Kris! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This area is working so well already Kris, it will be fabulous when it is mature as it looks wonderful already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The agave looks like it's covered in sharks teeth. But I love the dahlias. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaws looks so stately sounded by your other elements. Lovely vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every corner of your garden presents a pretty picture. I love that Agave although it does look rather vicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The area looks great already - I love the combinations offsetting the agave - it will continue to impress as it matures

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving your comments and suggestions! Google has turned on reCAPTCHA affecting some commentator IDs so, if you wish to identify yourself, please add your name to your comment.