Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wednesday Vignette: A Rorschach test for gardeners

I was captivated by the tree shown below during a visit to my local botanic garden earlier this month.  As I struggled to understand why it fascinated me, it occurred to me that what it symbolized may say something about the current state of my psyche, rather like a Rorschach test specifically targeting gardeners.  Rather than project my personal interpretation on others, I thought I'd throw it out there for readers to offer their own interpretations. 



  

For other Wednesday Vignettes, visit Anna at Flutter & Hum.


All material © 2012-2022 by Kris Peterson for Late to the Garden Party

14 comments:

  1. Down, but not out.
    (The wonders of resiliency).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree has been through stuff..potentially threatening to it's future.But it found a way to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I see someone crawling along. It's kind of disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought it had a tortured quality to it too. Worse yet, a mother and her child used it like a bench.

      Delete
  4. I see a public garden with insufficient maintenance budget. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, so true. 87 acres is a lot of space to cover and this tree was in the "back 40."

      Delete
  5. It is fascinating. Like yours, my mind is in a weird place today (I'm sure that's true for many of us). So this post is appropriate for my mood. As mentioned, the tree is a survivor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to see it in a different light given the circumstances of the last 2 days. Surviving is an achievement but not giving something a chance to thrive is a tragedy.

      Delete
  6. Goodness, it looks like it is trying to crawl away! Poor thing, hanging in there, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it would fit in a horror movie, featuring a character making a final attempt to escape.

      Delete
  7. Struggling to survive no matter what strikes you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Lisa! It's hard to imagine what knocked it out like that - relentless wind, more relentless drought, a combination of the two?

      Delete

I enjoy receiving your comments and suggestions! Google has turned on reCAPTCHA affecting some commentator IDs so, if you wish to identify yourself, please add your name to your comment.