Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bouquet: Something from Nothing

Walking through my garden late yesterday afternoon, I didn't see much of anything I thought could be used to construct a bouquet (unless I duplicated the last one I created, which you can see here).  I clipped some short stems off the Lisianthus in the back border anyway, then walked about the garden picking up a piece of this and a piece of that until, voilà!, I had the making of a hodgepodge bouquet.

Here it is:

Front

Back


And here's what I included:

  • Angelonia 'Angelmist Dark Pink'
  • Lisianthus 'Echo Pink'
  • Centranthus ruber
  • Cuphea ignea 'Starfire Pink'
  • Leucanthemum x superbum
  • Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'
  • Pentas 'Kaleidoscope Appleblossum'
  • Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon'
  • Salvia leucantha 'Waverly'
  • Strobilanthus dyeranus (aka Persian Shield)


Sometimes it amazes me what you can create from seemingly nothing.

12 comments:

  1. That is really lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! And it all matches in color so well! I like the addition of the greenery, too. The penta kaleidoscope appleblossom in the front ties it all together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favorite one ever! (And yes I've been enjoying them all even if I haven't commented).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely Kris, you're a natural at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I thought that was professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combination of colours, I think the best arrangements come from a random mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the idea of pennisetum stalks in there. The colors all work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very artful arrangement and a beautiful color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Sometimes I think the hodgepodge type of bouquet has the greatest charm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, if that's what you end up with when you don't see "much of anything", I'd like to see the bouquets you make when you think you've got a good selection of stuff!

    ReplyDelete